Go ahead, take a second look. The Empire VR70 Knit is unlike any mountain bike shoe you've ever seen. It features Giro's newly engineered Xnetic Knit upper, which offers unparalleled comfort and breathability, with a bonded TPU exoskeletal system to provide support where you need it. The upper is DWR-treated for water repellency and easy cleaning, while a rubber toe guard and bonded TPU heel increase durability and abrasion resistance. A closed stretch-knit ankle cuff provides superior comfort, additional support, and protection from skree out on the trail. All of this is built on top of a stout Easton EC70 carbon fiber sole that offers pro-level stiffness, and a tough, molded Vibram rubber outsole that provides protection and grip when you're off the bike.
- Engineered Xnetic Knit upper
- Bonded TPU exoskeletal support structure
- Closed stretch-knit ankle cuff
- Rubber toe guard
- Bonded TPU heel guard
- DWR treated
- Empire laces: hold a knot, durable and light
- Easton EC70 carbon composite
- Molded Vibram rubber high-traction lugged outsole
- Accommodates steel toe spikes
- SuperNatural Fit Kit with adjustable arch support
Clipless pedals, shoes, and cleats come in many varieties, some specific to one brand or another. If you have a favorite, you may already know what you're looking for, and what is compatible.
Want some help choosing the right pedals and/or shoes? Interested in trying something new? Contact us to ensure your shoes are compatible with your pedals, and all of it's compatible with you.